Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted!!

I've been sick...



And there wasn't a lot of good deals. I did some of the diaper deals and I'm frustrated with Fred Meyer and considering just taking my diapers back, but we'll see. I made sure I used my Albertsons doubles tonight before they expired and did some money makers to help pay for my groceries. At Safeway I did my final Classico deal, cat litter and some Arm and Hammer laundry detergents. Not awesome deals over all, but I was out of cat little and laundry detergent, so I was happy to not just pay sale price.

I'm hoping for a better week, but the ads looked a little weak again, so we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just found your site, via Couponing to Disney... I'm fairly new to couponing, but I'm catching on :) I'm in PNW too (Seattle), and am wondering, how you do money makers at Albertsons? They always tell me I can't use a coupon on the free item of a BOGO, etc. (like you can at some stores) so the most I've been able to do is the free stuff (like the 2/$4 yogurts yesterday with the doubled $1 coupon)... I'm not complaining about free, just wondering how to save more ;) Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!

    My Albertsons won't let me use two coupons on a BOGO for the free item either, but I guess their coupon policy says that we're supposed to be able to - I just don't argue.

    Safeway and Albertsons make it possible to have money makers. Safeway because you can stack ecoupons with a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon - if it gives you a catalina, then you've hit the jackpot! Albertsons has money makers when they do their doubles. For example they just had doubles and they had Zingers Cheetos on sale for $1.67 - I had a $1 off coupon that was doubled, making me $.33 x's 3 doubles and I made $.99. They won't give it to me, so I added coconut milk and eggs into the transaction and it only cost me $.78!

    Please feel free to email me with any questions! I am always interested in what my readers want to know more about.

    ReplyDelete