Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

Now that I am offically not working Menu Planning Sunday has changed to Menu Planning Monday. Today has been especially different because it's the beginning of the month which means many coupon resets and expires - lots of work, but so worth it in the end!! Also - what is making today's Menu Planning Monday different is I am trying to plan even farther ahead than this week and put stuff into the freezer for when the baby is born, that way we have planned meals that we can pull out and bake, defrost, etc. I think even a sleep deprived zombie can pull food from the freezer.

So here is the Menu, complete with the plan for extras for the freezer.

Monday - Breakfast for dinner. One of my hubby's favorites because it involves bacon. I am making extra blueberry pancakes to freeze for later use. I think what I'm going to do is put them on cookie sheets and then when they're frozen put them in a big ziplock bag. I'm hoping that I can just pull them out a couple at a time and either put them into the microwave or toaster oven, but I guess we'll find out.

Tuesday - Meat loaf with green salad. I will be pulling extra meat out of the freezer to make this and I will make another one in a disposable, foil pan and put it into the freezer for later use.

Wednesday - Crockpot orange chicken from this website (sorry if the link isn't working, I'm trying to figure out how to do these things! If you know, please tell me). http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ I will serve this with brown rice and broccoli. I won't be freezing any for future use, but I needed something besides cow and pig this week!

Thursday - Crock pot roast beef. No special recipe, I just start dumping stuff that I have in the pantry into the crock pot with a roast. I will probably throw potatoes in there and we'll eat those with the roast and some kind of veggie - whatever is in the freezer or fridge. The freezer part of this will be a beef pot pie that I got from one of my favorite websites http://www.frugallivingnw.com/ I will just take the left over roast, a can of cream of mushroom and some frozen veggies and throw it all in pie crust.

Friday - Pay Day Pizza Friday and I will be using this coupon http://emus.papamurphys.com/123109/01-05_FS.shtml

Saturday - fish tacos

Sunday - is open for left overs usually or something I come up with at the last minute or didn't do during the week that I thought I would be doing, but ran out of time, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment